Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 05: My Definition of Love


 My definition of love is this, 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, 

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." :)

Theres not much more to define it with so I'll widen the subject and I'll tell you my love languages.

How I show love: 

-Words of Affirmation: complimenting them

-Acts of Service: helping someone out

-Physical Touch: hugs, cuddling etc.

How I like to receive love:

All five of the love languages really! But I'll put them in order of my favorite to least.

1.) Physical Touch to be honest. I love the security you find in a big hug. I'm not talking about the other kinds of physical things, just to be embraced in somebody's arms is enough.

2.) Either Acts of Service or Quality Time. We'll talk about acts of service first. I've always admired when a guy is a gentlemen. These kind of boys are pretty much going extinct so I love when a boy opens up the door for you, throws away your trash, lets the ladies go first, pays for your food, basically just your classic gentlemen willing to do just about anything for his lady.

3.) Now we'll talk about Quality Time. I admire it when someone puts everything aside just to talk or just to simply be with me. It shows that they think I'm important or at least more important than their other choice of plans.

4.) Words of Affirmation. I like this one but the reason it's kind of lower on my list is because since girls are more and more insecure and vulnerable these days most girls give in very easy to this love language and boys have clearly caught on to this. A boy will see a girl thats beautiful and decide he likes her with out even have ever talking to her and most girls don't even have a problem with this! So boys being the jerks they can be have taken advantage of this and tell every girl they see that they're pretty because they think that's how they can get what they want. Well I like the words of affirmation at random. When I just woke up and my dad says, "you are so beautiful" or words of affirmation as in encouragement on something or about my personality or something. The affirmation doesn't have to be about my looks just knowing someone loves me through their words is nice. :)

5.) Receiving Gifts. I'm not that much of a gift person, I don't know why. I think its because I'm a pastor's kid so my parents aren't very rich or anything so giving me presents just wasn't their love language so it's not mine either. I like gifts especially if the gift has meaning to it or if its a surprise like I had no idea I was getting a gift. I don't know anyone who has caught on to my love languages better than my best friend, Camille and my sister, Hopey. My last two birthdays have been awesome because of this. 

Two years ago I was on a missions trip in El Salvador with people from my youth group including Hopey and Cami. I was already having a great birthday on our first day of ministry and that was enough for me. When I woke up I got a huge bag of my favorite candy (sweedish fish) thrown at my face and two long notes from my sister and Camille. Then after the day of ministry Camille took me to the bathroom with her and then we came out and all the lights were off except this candle....on an iphone...and a bunch of people started singing "Happy Birthday" and I had the most nasty papusas ever for a birthday cake and got to celebrate my birthday with a bunch of El Salvadorians thanks to Camille and Hope. So it was thee best birthday ever!!!

Then this year I was in Florida for my birthday and the day I got home which was like three days after my birthday Camille was at my house and she went up to my room and decorated it with big pieces of paper saying "Happy 15th birthday Faithy!" With 15 presents. Most of them with my favorite candies and then a red dress because I always wanted one when I was little and locket (another thing I wanted when I was younger, they're stories around all of these). So yeah those are the kinds of gifts I love. 

Well those are my love languages for you. That pretty much explains what love is and means to me. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment